We spent the whole day travelling and it was quite exhausting, form the early train from Prague, the bus journey from Ciescyn bus station to Krakow, to the walk from Krakow's central station to our hostel.(which we took a long and wrong detour before reaching it.)
By the time we reached Krakow, it was dinner time, so we went to the Galleria Shopping Mall beside the station and had dinner at a foodcourt. The food we ordered, though expensive, was superbly delicious! PJ and I shared a plate of potato pancakes with Goulash gravy and cabbage-wrapped popiah-like thingy in mushroom sauce. I think it is Polish food and just writing about it makes my mouth water!
We went for a day trip to Auschwitz Concentration Camp - the largest Nazi concentration camp. It was a very solemn day for me and the mood was gloomy and serious as we visited the buildings that once housed the imprisoned Jews, read the signs and explainations and saw the photos and exhibitions. I shall let the photos do the talking.
That night, before setting off for the night train to Warsaw, which we were to board the plane back to Oslo, we went to a local restaurant that the very friendly and helpful receptionist at the hostel introduced us and boy oh boy, the food was YUMMILICIOUS to the max! Haha. We ordered dumplings, potato pancakes with goulash soup (again!) and pork cutlet. It was to be our last sumptous meal before we get back to expensive Oslo once again. =)
Last but not least, my favourite - Posta time!
Tadah! I have finally completed the whole Eastern Europe entries and I cant wait to start on my England journey! So much has happened over that week to me, and immediately after arriving back in Oslo, it started to snow. Non-stop action! =X
That's all!
No comments:
Post a Comment