Pin Jin and I went to the Denmark Embassy this morning to apply for our resident pass! Vie, Rose and Horse were supposed to go with us too, but Vie could not wake up! (I knew something like that would happen lor haha, must be all the wine she drank yesterday!) The whole application process was not as fast and efficient like what our coursemates told us, but I guess I cant complain because there were 3 AhPeks working in the Embassy, or maybe I was just being impatient. =p Anyway, the Embassy will contact us once the pass is ready! =)
Also, our whole Maritime cohort were invited to the Norwegian Ambassador's house (more like a holiday VILLA can!) yesterday evening. The place was at some Ulu Pandan Road and there were NO public transport that goes into the row of houses where the Ambassador lives! Then again, it is not surprising since the people living there are RICH and have no need for public transport. =/
Anyway, when we arrived after walking almost 15 minutes (well it felt that long to me!), we were immediately greeted welcome by 2 Norwegians at the entrance and served drinks (there was wine and soft drinks) by servers specially employed for the event. We chatted with a Danish guy who is the Managing Director of a Bulk Shipping company and he even gave us his namecard. We also got the opportunity to go REALLY hungry whilst speeches were being made one after the other, and all of us had to stand the whole time. I was already very restless and SUPER hungry! We finally got to eat at around 9pm after our seniors made their video presentation, and I am seriously amazed at the way I unabashedly placed myself near the front of the kitchen door where the servers come out with the food! HAHA, very hungry la!
Sadly, the food they served were too exotic for my stomach.=( There was a tomato puree thingy in a small shotglass, raw tuna 'kiaped' between wooden chopsticks, another kind of raw tuna seasoned in some unknown sauce, diced lamb meat rolled into a ball, some eggplant roll (which PJ said is portobello mushrooms =/), fresh-but-not-very-cooked prawns in some spices thingy, goat milk cheese on biscuits and some other weird stuff that my unexotic stomach couldnt accept. LOL. But, all in all it was an eye opener for a frog-in-a-well like me! =)
We left around 10pm and the journey out of the Ambassador's house was filled with crazy laughters. Vie, I have never laughed so much in a long time! =p Hee.
After the visit to the Ambassador's house yesterday evening and this morning's resident pass application at the Denmark Embassy, it suddenly dawned on me that I will be leaving for Norway in less than 3 months! Whee...
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha! yahh!! the ambassador's damn rich lah! the food gets worse with every bite lah, left me v hungry :( haha but super fun time we had walking out eh? :D
oooh! i updated my blog again, and i replied yur comment! :D:D go see go see! :D:D:D
muacks!
oh, and to pj: hello. HAHAHAHA
haha he too busy *er hmm-ing to see your comment lor. LOL.
i replied! =p go see go see! haha.
Post a Comment