Well, its been a long time since I updated this blog! And so much has happened in between :)
As Lettie has put it, my last week was helluva packed. Monday, Lettie and I moved out of hall, and there goes our very own place :( The shifting was hard work, clearing the room, shifting so much stuff up and down the 3rd storey. Thank goodness we didn't live on the 6th storey or something...The stuff really amounted to alot, as it completely filled my mum's car that I drove to hall. We had barely enough sitting space for ourselves, and the items were stacked so high till they gave a rattle everytime the car went over uneven roads and bumpers.
That was for Monday. Sometime in between, I got an sms from Hongyuan, my group mate for technical communications. I learnt that I got an overall B grade for that module...wth?! Seriously, my presentation got a B+, was my abstract really that bad to warrant a B? Sigh, Lettie and Brian both got B+, and I'm really feeling a little shafted...
Anyway, back to the itinerary for the past week: On Tuesday night, we had the ambassador reception and it was a real eye opener! Lettie's post succintly decribes the whole event, and I needn't say more haha. Wednesday morning, we went to the embassy to have our resident permits made, and on Wednesday night, I went our with Ron to catch 2 movies. The first was Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay, and boy it was good! Damn funny I must say, and there were scenes of full nudity...lol. After that we went to an eatery called Indulge inside the Cathay building, where Zerong joined us. The pasta I ordered was nice at first, but the creaminess got cloying near the end. The starters, some prawn dish, was superb though :)
Thursday, I started my invigilation job at Expo. Quite slack, yet still getting money, so I'm guessing that's why the pay ain't all that fantastic. I will be doing that job for sometime, and there are interesting moments too, like having a candidate ask me over to borrow a dictionary...All she wanted was the meaning of the word perceive...So I told her and that's that. It certainly adds something to an otherwise boring job.
Friday, I had the job again at Expo in the morning, and when I was leaving, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It turned out to be Joline, the other member in my insurance agency team...what a coincidence, she was studying in SIM and taking her exams at Expo. So we chatted, and it turns out she was rather adamant of the insurance job herself, and she joined because Alvin coaxed her into it, saying she can quit anytime. Ah well, my sentiments exactly.
Friday afternoon was finally a free day for me. Surfed the net, played Maple (dunno if I'm doing what I hope I won't regret: I'm restarting a new character, he's a fighter, gonna be a crusader then a hero, and he's lv40 atm).
That's it for the week, and this post is long enough! Tata for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What do you get out of maple dear? =)
Post a Comment