Thursday, May 28, 2009

3rd week of II, still going strong!

Lettie never does update this blog anymore...:(

Guess its because she's way too busy now, working as part time insurance, attachment and tuition. Everyday go home damn late, and next day start off so early. I'm so fortunate compared to her, but who's to judge that? Lettie, if you see this, go exercise, take a break, whatever! Don't overwork for all our sake...

Lately negatives have cropped up between me and her, but it's hopefully resolved now. She complains that I'm too passive, and don't take initiative. Sighs, and the fact Vicky keeps telling her about the sweet stuff Jiahong did for Vicky is driving her over the edge. Not to forget that Lettie is quite stressed now, busy with work and such, and that I and her don't meet that often. All those compound into a big headache for her, and in turn, for me. I must change for the better then, even if slightly.

Yesterday was her birthday, went quite well to be honest, only small matters that were thorns in an otherwise great evening. I self made a nice birthday card for her and that was the caveat of the evening haha. Man, I didn't know I could come up with such artistic effusion! Haha.

Anyway, industrial immersion so far has been very good to me. Some days can get really slow, but other days, when works crashes in, I'll be busy from morning till evening. The slow days I can surf the net, read emails etc. Gosh I love this company haha. Flexible and small scale company, with a good working culture (workaholics!) and good people (there are at most 6 in the office!). Man, really hope I'll get a chance to come back here to train as an offshore broker after I graduate. Would love the opportunity to start off here, and heard the salary is good too.

Oh, results came out already. I did my worst sem in NTU ever, scoring a GPA of only 4.0 for this sem. On the other hand, Lettie and YS both did better than me at 4.2 each...depressed :( Ah well, totally my fault for neglecting Ship Chartering and Quality management, which I got B- and B respectively. The rest of the grades were ok, and I'm especially glad of my Geospatial results, an A. Hell, I got the full range of grades, namely B-, B, B+, A- and A! Lol...No more! No more crap results! One last sem to prove my mettle...

Anyway still going strong now, good things to look forward to. Taiwan trip has been confirmed, but Lettie can't go boo:( The trip was pushed back to 26th July, and Lettie is occupied then. So too bad I guess. The coming sem my brother and sister will all be going university too, but sadly my sis is in NUS. Still, I will get to go to school with my brother for the 1st time haha. Already planned that we'll be going gym together:)

Still working out every week, and now I have to inject some cardio training too as my IPPT is coming soon. Damn I HATE running! But I'm sure I'll ace the other events no problem this year. Been training abdominals too, so my 2nd weakest event, sit ups, will hopefully be a breeze this time round.

Ciao then, till next time!

No comments: