It is 940pm here in Norway and I have not slept properly for more than 24hours, but I must say, we have already accomplished quite alot!=p A lady from the school picked us up from the Oslo airport and we took about an hour in a double decker bus to get to our Kringsja hostel. PJ and I managed to get a connecting room with a shared toilet whilst Ivy and Rose got another connecting room on the same level just next to us. =) The shared kitchen was just outside our rooms, and we intended to go to Ikea to get stuff, but it started raining so we went to a Minimart within the hostel campus and bought some food to cook for dinner. Ivy and I whipped up a meal of sphagetti with mushrooms, broccoli and sausages! It was quite up to standard lei! Our first (homecooked) meal here in Norway! HAHA. =D
Oh, btw I managed to lose something on my very first day here in Norway la. I dropped my spectacles!=( I am going to be so blind! ARGH.
Ah, and the weather here is really cooling; when the wind blows, it can get really chilling. There is a heater within each room though, so it is not too bad. I realise the way I am writing is kinda abrupt hor? Cant really think properly right now lol.
Yes yes, and I must write this before I take my leave.=) Thank you all for sending me off at the airport! I read the cards and letter on the plane and I am really really touched. 'Blessed' is the most suitable word that my limited vocabulary allows me to express right now. Seriously, thank you all for genuinely caring for me. My leaving for Norway also reminded me that even though I might not have made the effort to keep in touch with the Persians, they have not forgotten me at all. For that, I am so ashamed and guilty of myself for being such a lousy GL! Forgive me, my dear Persians, and I promise that I will make it for the next Persians gathering when I get back! I do miss you all!
I dont want to seem like I am giving a 'Thank You' speech lei, but I have to because I really do feel thankful lol, so pardon me if it gets repetitive! =)
Thank you Jennifer for the embroided towel. It is so sweet of you! I love the towel and I will definitely put it to good use here okay! =)
Thank you Mellie for your dreamcatcher. It is so thoughtful of you! I will miss you and the yummilicious dinners at your house the next 5months! =(
Thank you Vicki Wicki for your surprise! Eh, I was indeed feeling a little disappointed that I did not get any written form of gift from you la! HAHA. Imagine my surprise when that PJ gave me the letter and photoframe! THANK YOU girl!!! The photoframe is now on my table. =) I miss you already! =(
Thank you Ruru for your hand-delivered card! I am so honored that you actually came even though you have a paper the next morning. Hope you did well for that! =) And the coupons! OMG la. THANK YOU, YOU CRAZY WOMAN! I will not be shy and not use it de. The food here in Norway is ridiculously EXPENSIVE! HAHAHA. =D
Thank you Gummy for your letter and photo! I was very shocked because I did not expect you to give me one LOL. You so lazy de, haha. But, thank you girl for even printing out the photos even though I LOOK DAMN TOOT AND UGLY!
Thank you Geck Woon for lending me all the coldwear and other stuff. I will not be freezing here because of you. =) Thank you Susan for coming too!
Thank you Singapore Flag! LMAO. (Cey and Ching!) I LOVE SINGAPORE, I do!
Thank you Meiqi, Kewei, Eric, Singen, Teck Shuin and Rina for surprising me at the airport. You guys ALMOST made me cry silly OK! Nothing I say can accurately describe how I felt when I saw you guys there, but I hope you guys know I really appreciate you all being there. =)
Last but not least, thank you Daddy, Mommy, Dajie and Fatty. I love you all and I will take good care of myself here. Dont worry about me ok. Sighs, I feel choked up just typing all these up. =(
Shall move on to more exciting and happier stuff! We will be reporting at the police station (NO, I DID NOT DO ANYTHING!), dropping by the school to make our student IDs, to IKEA and then we will be leaving for Spain tomorrow! The iteninary was planned by Ivy and you can say I am just following blindly la haha. Okies, I am quite tired now. I love you all and sleep well! =) Goodnight!
I will try to put up photos when I get back from Spain k! =) BYE!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
gosh Norway sounds lovely. Do you stay very near IKEA? rmb to cook chicken rice on 9 Aug, so u can celebrate National Day in Norway HAHAH. upload pics k! We wanna see everything!!
Susan
hi sue! haha, i dont stay near ikea and i still have to take the metro there and then a shuttle bus from the station. haha i will try to load pictures up when i am free and back in norway okay! love u!
Post a Comment