Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rounding up our trip to Spain.

I am back with photos from Barcelona, and some others from Madrid.=p Of the 6 days in Spain, we spent 3 full days in Barcelona, 2 days in Madrid and about 1 day of travelling and sleeping in airports. =X It was not a good experience, even though to experience it was quite a novelty. =p



Barcelona Dream Hostel was where we stayed for 2 nights. The hostels are actually quite clean and comfortable, and they even provide breakfast (though it is only cornflakes, bread, milk and orange juice, but what more can we ask from a budget hostel right? Haha.) and free internet for us to use!=)


No Dunking Donuts, but there were lots of Dunking Coffee here in Barcelona! Ivy and I were lost, we were trying to find the way to the Magical Fountains!



Ta Dah! This is the Magical Fountain that we were looking for! It is really pretty, and behind the water display is some Royal Castle.





The beach was about 15 minutes walk away from our hostel, and it was really an eye-opener for me! It is supposedly a famed nudist/gay beach! And it did not disappoint us, we really did see TOTALLY NAKED MEN AND WOMEN suntanning on the beach. I guess it is normal for Europeans to do that, but even though I have always heard that people do that in European countries, it still shocks me the way it is natural for them to tan nude. =X We even saw a father who was naked with his young children at the beach! It was truly a crazy sight for me to take in lol. (Psst, there was no way for me to take any photos because I was in shock lol.)

Naked men and women aside, the beach is really really gorgeous and nothing like our beaches in East Coast Park and Pasir Ris, and I would love to go back there again!=)



Hee, evidence of us posting postcards back to Singapore, just in case the postcards never reach my family's hands lol. No worries though, Fat just informed me that they received the postcards already!=)



Oh, this is actually when we were still at Madrid. We had another round of chocolate with churros at a famous chocolatier, but this time the hot chocolate was really thick. Yummy!=p





Check this out! Sweets galore! This is one of Barcelona's markets, and we each bought a cup of fruit juice from the fruit stall for 1Euro. =) Very colourful yea.






Heard of Gaudi? I dont blame you if you havent, because I did not have the faintest idea who he was until I was at Barcelona haha. Apparently, he was a gifted architect/artist who built the famous Sagrada Família-a church which is forever undergoing construction. I am not really interested in architecture, and his other works left no impression on me at all, but this church was really massive and grand. I would have wanted to take a look inside, but it was quite expensive. =/ If you ever visit Barcelona, I really recommend you visit the Sagrada Família. =) The first 3 photos are of the Sagrada Família whilst the last few are of his other 'famous' works.






Some other random photos here and there. =X

Last but not least...





What can I say? I simply adore dogs, and Spainiards love them! =)(Psst, the husky had one blue eye and one brown eye! Damn cool. =D )

That's all folks! I have already begun lessons, and things are pretty much slow around here. I dont know why, maybe it is the really cool weather, but I seem to want to sleep all the time!=X Also, PJ is becoming a grocery addict! All he can think about is buying groceries! I think our stay here has made us all become 'uncles' and 'aunties'. Tsk. Be back soon!

No comments: