Wow, time really flies..I'm sure we can all attest to that.
Its already our last sem in NTU, the 4 years just flew past. What happened to the inbetween? Well...poofed in the blink of an eye of course. So...cherish whatever time you have!
Graduating soon, and these days, all the conversations go as follows...
"Hey...so have u found a job?" "Nah, kena rejected by that company..." "Aww too bad, I'm going interview later heh"
"Hey, how's FYP coming along?" "Nah, not too well, got alot of corrections, and content not strong" "Aww too bad, mine is crap too, gotta do it up, but so lazy!"
Sounds familiar? Of course it does, that is really all we can talk about these days. Given the flurry in job hunting and resume bombardment, coupled with the ever looming threat of FYP over our shoulders, it will be hard pressed to find something else to talk about.
It's all gonna end soon, thats a consolation, except for unlucky people who still can't secure a job by graduation. For them, I can only guess their pains and anxiety...Being left out of the job hunting rat race, I sometimes wonder how well I would have fared, and which companies would have given me a chance. How would I perform at the interviews? How many resumes would I have to send out? The trepidation of checking my email and spotting an email from a company I tried some time ago...The elations of securing a good job. All these feelings I can only imagine.
That is why I have to work even harder to break even in my career as compared to a fresh grad. And boy I would! However, all these is before I even step inside, so its very hard to say now. However, the biggest lure would be the autonomy to work, and rewards being linked to effort makes it sweeter. No work, no pay. More effort conversely translates to more reward heh (usually, not always) .
Good luck to the graduating maritime studies class of 2010. Find a good job soon, do well in FYP, get the final FINAL exams over and done with, and all the best in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment